I began painting at the age of 14 in oils and then turned to watercolors because I love the fact that I can take my small round paint palette wherever I go. I received my certification as a Botanical Watercolorist and Illustrator through the Morton Arboretum in 2015. It was in my classes at the Arboretum that I started drawing with colored pencils, and then recently started working in water soluble oils. I also make jewelry by inserting miniature prints of my paintings into cabochon pendants, embellishing and adding vintage-like charms. I have also discovered that I love making upcycling silk scarves with Nuna Felting.
Botanical Watercolor and Illustrator, Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL
- Kathi Kuchler – Artist (self-employed), Batavia, IL
- ViNe ARt, Kathi Kuchler Instructor, Wine and Paint-out Events, Pal Joey’s, Batavia, IL
- Kathi’s Kreations/Kloset at the Salvage Heart Vintage Wares, Batavia;
- Kathi’s Korner in America’s Treasures, Geneva, IL
- Natures Artist Guild (Morton Arboretum)
- Dupage Art League (Wheaton)
- Fine Line Art Center and Gallery (St. Charles)
- Greater Geneva Art Guild (Geneva)
- Water Street Studio
Regular Art Shows and Displays:
Natures Artist Guild shows, Dupage Art League, Fine Line Art Center and Gallery; Batavia Public Library, Greater Geneva Studio Tour, and the Fermilab Employees’ Art Show.
Juried Shows: Art in Your Eye (City Hall, Batavia); Norris Gallery, St. Charles, IL; Fine Line, St. Charles, IL; See.Me Gallery, New York NY; Hope Fundraiser- Home is Where the Art Is
- http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/kathi-kuchler VIDA provides literacy programs to our makers. They learn to read, write, and do basic math and build a better life for generations to come. We want to thank you for making a difference in the lives of thousands of people who today touch VIDA and from the artists.