I began painting at the age of 14 in oils and then turned to watercolors because I love the fact that I can take my small round paint palette wherever I go. I received my certification as a Botanical Watercolorist and Illustrator through the Morton Arboretum in 2015. It was in my classes at the Arboretum that I started drawing with colored pencils, and then recently started working in water soluble oils. I also make jewelry by inserting miniature prints of my paintings into cabochon pendants, embellishing and adding vintage-like charms. I have also discovered that I love making upcycling silk scarves with Nuna Felting.
Botanical Watercolor and Illustrator, Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL
- Kathi Kuchler – Artist (self-employed), Batavia, IL https://www.facebook.com/Kathi-Kuchler-Artist-276076655856717/
- Kathi’s Kreations at The Vintage Market; 211 S. Lincolnway St., No. Aurora https://www.facebook.com/kathiskreation/
- ViNe ARt, Kathi Kuchler – Instructor/teacher, Gallery 200, and/or Wine and Paint-out Events as requested
- Gallery 200 (West Chicago)
- Natures Artist Guild (Morton Arboretum)
- Dupage Art League (Wheaton)
- Fine Line Art Center and Gallery (St. Charles)
- Greater Geneva Art Guild (Geneva)
- Water Street Studio
- ue (Wheaton), Fine Line Art Center and Gallery (St. Charles), Greater Geneva Art Guild (Geneva), Water Street Studio (Batavia), St. Charles Arts Council (St. Charles)
Regular Art Shows and Displays:
Gallery 200 (West Chicago), Natures Artist Guild shows, DuPage Art League, Norris Cultural Arts Ctr., St, Charles Arts Council, Fine Line Art Center and Gallery; Batavia Public Library, Greater Geneva Studio Tour, West Chicago Public Library, Water Street Studio, and the Fermilab Employees’ Art Show.
Natures Artist Guild Bi-Annual Shows at Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL; Norris Gallery, St. Charles, IL; Fine Line, St. Charles, IL; See-Me Gallery, New York NY, St, Charles Arts Council, Watercolor and Vicinity Shows)