The Year of the Butterfly
People Made Visible is happy to be working with the West Chicago Cultural Arts Commission and the West Chicago Garden Club to make 2019 the Year of the Butterfly!
From Mother’s Day to Labor Day art butterflies will be popping up throughout West Chicago. Designed by local artists, these large butterflies will be a coordinated effort to focus on the pollination happening to showcase art and culture in our community. Residents can purchase their own smaller butterfly to decorate and place in their own home or garden starting in February. Stayed tuned for more details to come and see full details of the project in the City’s Winter 2019 newsletter “Window to West Chicago” on the city website at westchicago.org.
I began painting at the age of 14 in oils and then turned to watercolors because I love the fact that I can take my small round paint palette wherever I go. I received my certification as a Botanical Watercolorist and Illustrator through the Morton Arboretum in 2015. It was in my classes at the Arboretum that I started drawing with colored pencils, and then recently started working in water soluble oils. I also make jewelry by inserting miniature prints of my paintings into cabochon pendants, embellishing and adding vintage-like charms. I have also discovered that I love making upcycling silk scarves with Nuna Felting.
Botanical Watercolor and Illustrator, Morton Arboretum, Lisle, IL
- Kathi Kuchler – Artist (self-employed), Batavia, IL
- ViNe ARt, Kathi Kuchler Instructor, Wine and Paint-out Events, Pal Joey’s, Batavia, IL
- Kathi’s Kreations/Kloset at the Salvage Heart Vintage Wares, Batavia;
- Kathi’s Korner in America’s Treasures, Geneva, IL
- Natures Artist Guild (Morton Arboretum)
- Dupage Art League (Wheaton)
- Fine Line Art Center and Gallery (St. Charles)
- Greater Geneva Art Guild (Geneva)
- Water Street Studio
Regular Art Shows and Displays:
Natures Artist Guild shows, Dupage Art League, Fine Line Art Center and Gallery; Batavia Public Library, Greater Geneva Studio Tour, and the Fermilab Employees’ Art Show.
Juried Shows: Art in Your Eye (City Hall, Batavia); Norris Gallery, St. Charles, IL; Fine Line, St. Charles, IL; See.Me Gallery, New York NY; Hope Fundraiser- Home is Where the Art Is
- http://shopvida.com/collections/voices/kathi-kuchler VIDA provides literacy programs to our makers. They learn to read, write, and do basic math and build a better life for generations to come. We want to thank you for making a difference in the lives of thousands of people who today touch VIDA and from the artists.